URIMAT is a leading manufacturer of waterless urinals and environmentally friendly products in public and semi-public sanitary facilities.
The company that produces environmentally friendly, economical solutions in the sanitary area
‘For more than 20 years the name URIMAT has stood for outstanding quality, innovation and reliable service. Our waterless urinal helps companies to reduce costs and make a meaningful contribution to the environment. The environment, our employees and reliable and fair partnerships are particularly close to our heart.’
Director Sales & Marketing
Savings per waterless urinal
At least 100,000 litres of drinking water per urinal are saved each year.
The annual cost benefit if you use a URIMAT hand dryer instead of towels.
Approximately 350 g of CO2 are saved per cubic metre of water.
Efficient green solution
URIMAT is part of the Solar Impulse Foundation 1000 solutions that are clean, profitable & protect the environment.
Our biological cleaning agents also meet the highest dermatological standards.
Environment and economy go hand in hand
Preserve resources and save money.
Why waterless urinals?
Ceramic, stainless steel or plastic urinals have become indispensable in public and semi-public men's toilets.
Conventional urinals and hybrid urinals require 0.5 to 4 litres of water per flush, waterless urinals (also known as dry urinals) function entirely without water or flushing devices. Thus, waterless urinals save precious drinking water and costs, a big benefit in times of rising water costs and water shortages.
The urinal bowls have a smooth surface from which the urine flows into a siphon with membrane and biodegradable odour stone. This serves as an odour trap and is the most important component in waterless operation. The rubber membrane of the trap opens when urine enters and closes again airtight when there is no urine. This means that there is no odour nuisance.
The numerous advantages of this technology are obvious
- No fresh water is used, which protects the environment and reduces the amount of CO2 produced in the production of drinking water.
- The costs for fresh water and for waste water are saved altogether (depending on the object, water price and frequency of use, an ROI of < 2 years can be achieved, and after that one makes "profit")
- The care and maintenance intensity is significantly lower compared to the flush urinal.
- Follow-up costs, e.g. due to repairs of the electronic urinal flush systems, are lower, as no expensive urinal controls are required
- Lower investment costs for new buildings, because there is no need to run cold water supplies to the urinals as there is no flushing cistern
- Since no connection to the drinking water system is required, a waterless urinal can be installed with very little effort
- Sewer waste gases cannot penetrate the membrane odour trap meaning that a pleasant ambience in the washroom is maintained
- Waterless urinals have no flushing rim or other joints where bacteria could settle and are therefore hygienically perfect
- The entire operation is completely touch-free, as no button has to be pressed to trigger flushing
- No urine scale (which builds up when water from the flush reacts with urine) is formed because the water is missing, and thus biological sanitary cleaners are completely sufficient for cleaning
- The "pure" urine can be collected without dilution and contamination and used as fertiliser
- Last but not least, waterless urinals also reduce CO2 emissions and improve your ecological footprint